The first square in Gerediaga was built by Martín López de Traña in 1621. This is a slightly elliptical structure with 16 spokes of 7.95 metres that extend out from a central circle.
The General Meetings were held in this square (probably inside the chapel when the weather was bad) with boundary stones or benches distributed around the perimeter that the representatives could sit on, with the chapel behind them. Five of the stone benches are original, located on the perimeter of the second square, while the rest are modern and were placed in a circle in 1961 at a time when the square was completely covered by a layer of earth. In its most recent restoration, the archaeologists relocated it, following the original sequence with the conditioning factor that half of the square was missing.